Squidgy uses this word at 59:03, when describing his revelation that there was a pause menu in a specific game
Lulu says this at 59:57, during the same discussion
- At 19:18 I accidentally become Bugenhagen, and you can hear my transformation
It all starts with Lulu asking us where we stopped playing Final Fantasy.
My answer was that I’d given up with Final Fantasy XI, mainly because I felt like there wasn’t enough content to justify the monthly subscription price. Which was originally one of the issues with Final Fantasy XIV, until A Realm Reborn was release that is.
We talk about a particular boss challenge in XI which took a team of 6 people over 24 hours of real-time play, in order to beat it.
Squidgy, however, says that he hasn’t stopped playing them but he tends not to like to play MMORPGs or games which are particularly over hyped. He also prefers what he calls the “line dancing” type of RPGs
line dancing meaning that the party stand in a single line when fighting
Lulu then talks us through what was great about the protagonists in Final Fantasy XV, and why she really loved it
even though the main story felt a little short
Squidgy then asks three extremely important questions about Final Fantasy XV
- Are Biggs and Wedge in it?
- How do you feel about Noctis being a downloadable character for Tekken?
- We know that you’re a Final Fantasy fan, but what other games do you play?
You’ll have to listen to the episode to find out which games Lulu loves to play
Death Stranding comes up again
you may remember that B brought it up last time
and it starts us down the path of discussing video game trailers – especially ones which only tease at what the game contains.
Lulu then gives us her unpopular gaming opinion. As a quick reminder of the ones we’ve had so far:
- Mine was that you waste your money buying FIFA games. This is especially if you have the previous year’s game
- Squidgys was related to parents who blame video games for all of the world’s ills. It was a hard hitting conversation, and one for greater minds than ours to figure out
- Bs was that Hideo Kojima is over rated
Lulu’s was an extension of my Fifa problem, but for Call of Duty games. Which leads us into a discussion of what the next Call of Duty game could possibly bring to the table which PUBG or Fortnite don’t have.
We talk about story driven games, and how RPGs are the best examples of story driven games. Squidgy then warns that story driven games can too easily hit you in the feels
cast your mind back to what Squidgy said about The Last of Us in the first episode with G
We then ask Lulu for a Gamer Confession, and she tells us about her experience with Murdered: Soul Suspect.
to hear more about our gamer confessions, check out Time Cast Pod Machine: Part 3
We also tease that we’re going to do an episode on Squidgy’s cupboard of shame.
Squidgy then talks about how he hadn’t realised that School Girl Zombie Hunter
yes, we talk about that game again – check out Switch, Please – Part 2 for when we first brought it up
had a pause menu. He’d been playing the game under the impression that there wasn’t a pause menu.
- Portal 2
- The Witcher
- Tekken 5
- Smash Bros. (series)
- The Witcher 3
- Heavy Rain
- Beyond Two Souls
- Detroit: Become Human
- The Walking Dead (series)
- Life Is Strange
- Street Fighter (series)
- Mortal Kombat (series)
- Stardew Valley
- Harvest Mooon (series)
- The Sims (series)
- Graveyard Keeper
- Death Stranding
- Dance Dance Revolution
- Call of Duty (series)
- PlayerUnknown’s Battle Ground
- Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball
- Murdered: Soul Suspect
- Dead Space (series)
- School Girl Zombie Hunter
- OneeChanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
which I remain convinced is the name of a 1950s surf-sploitation movie
- The Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball commercial we showed Chief
- Lulu’s Twitch channel
- GamerKarlh’s Twitch channel
Links to the music used in the podcast can be found below. Definitely check them out, because they’re amazing tracks by awesome musicians.
- Intro music is Behind the Lines by Ian Sutherland (BandCamp)
- Outro Music is I N e e d Y o u 私の側て by G.K (BandCamp)
- Spoiler Break music is Spectrum (Subdiffusion Mix) by Foniqz (BandCamp)
Leave a comment in the section on this page and let us know what you liked, what you didn’t like and which games you’d like to hear us waffle on about next time.