The header image for this post was created by Unsplash user Matheus Ferrero, the original version is available here
The first (official) episode of the Waffling Taylors podcast is here!
A couple of things that you need to know going in:
- We have the microphone!
I have a Blue Yeti microphone
Thanks to Djstump for this, by the way
and what’s better is that I brought it with me this time. So the audio recording should be a much higher quality.
- Colds abound
I’ve done what I can to remove the few coughs and sniffles that ended up in the recording, but a few are still present. I’m sorry if the sound of Squidgey-Fidget sniffling a few times weirds you out.
Whilst we don’t swear on the podcast, we do use the words `boobs` and `sex`. These are in the context of defining actions or features of both Jurassic Park Tresspasser and The Sims.
As such, we recommend that you give this episode a listen without the presence of little ones (or folks who might be offended by the uses of those words).
The first episode of our podcast is here.
We had an earlier episode, but it was the demo one. You can listen to it here
We didn’t discuss as many games as in our demo episode, but we went into more detail for the games which we did discuss.
Here’s a list of some of the things we mentioned (which aren’t games):
- Elf Ears
- Switch Pro, Ps4, Joycon, Xbone controller, mystery controller
- Our Idea for a Banjo Hero game
- Hold shift to stop autorun.ini files
Here are the games we’ve been playing:
Squidgey’s Recent Games
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 – Nintendo Switch
GaProgMans’s Recent Games
- Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force – Windows
- Jurassic Park Tresspasser – Windows
- The Sims – Windows
For the sake of completeness, here is a list of the games we talked about (in order of appearance):
- Resident Evil Revelations 2
- Dead Rising
- Disney Adventures
we called it Disney Experience in this episode
- Parasite Eve
- Parasite Eve 2
- Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force
- Jurassic Park: Tresspasser
- Resident Evil VII
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Giant Citizen Kabuto
- Call of Duty
- God of War
- Gears of War
- The Sims, 2 and 3
- The Urbz: Sims in The City
- Sim City
- Singles: Flirt up your life
- 7 Sins
- Playboy: The Mansion
- Leisure Suit Larry
- We Dare
- Rick & Morty Anatomy Park
- Super Secret Mystery Game
We’ve already written about some of the games we discussed, so here are some links to those posts:
- Resident Evil Revelations (Part 1, Part 2)
- Phantasy Star Online (PSO Challenge)
- Resident Evil VII (Jay’s Thoughts)
- Rygar (And You Thought Dark Souls Was Hard)
- Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force (70,000 Light-years and a Decent FPS)
External Links of interest
We discussed a few cool things in this episode and here are links to them:
I called it Maslow’s pyramid and triangle
Links to the music used in the podcast can be found below. Definitely check them out, because they’re amazing tracks by awesome musicians.
- Intro music is Behind the Lines by Ian Sutherland (BandCamp)
- Outro Music is I N e e d Y o u 私の側て by G.K (BandCamp)
Things We Got Wrong
Occassionaly we get things wrong. In this episode we go the following things wrong:
Parasite Eve in Europe
I incorrectly said that Parasite Eve had a censored European release. This is wrong.
Parasite Eve has never been released (officially) in Europe. I’ve been unable to track down specifically why
Leave us a comment below if you know why. We’d love to know.
We sometimes find things out about a game that we discuss on a podcast, after it’s been recored and published.
Leave a comment in the section on this page
or by heading to wafflingtaylors.rocks if you’re listening in a podcatcher
and let us know what you liked, what you didn’t like and which games you’d like to hear us waffle on about next time.